Monday, June 28, 2010

Why I love Castle

Nathan Fillion pretty much ratchets up my pulse rate no matter what he's doing. But now he's playing a mystery writer! OMG! I'M a mystery writer, too! In case you hadn't noticed. That's my book cover right down there. : )

Fillion plays a fairly realistic mystery writer, in my opinion, other than the always-hanging-out-with-Beckett-instead-of-writing-novels thing. I mean, when does this guy have time to meet a book deadline? Other than that, though, he rambles on at crime scenes the same way I would if I were there, after I was done fainting and/or tossing my cookies, of course.    

My favorite funny moment on Castle so far: Fillion dons a space-cowboy costume for Halloween in a nod to his character, Mal, in Firefly. While the Firefly theme plays in the background, his daughter, Alexis, tells him: "Don't you think you should move on?" Sorry, Alexis, but there are lots of Firefly fans who still haven't moved on since its undeserved cancellation.

Sigh. At least we have Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment