Thursday, August 27, 2009

What I'm listening to

I'm a HUGE fan of audio books (thank you, Audible.com!). Especially when I'm in my car. I actually feel like I'm being productive if I listen to a book while I'm on the road. That focus on a story also probably spares me from the inevitable road-ragey thoughts.

On my drive back from vacation in Illinois earlier this month, I listened to the audio book of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. So good! And that was a loooooooong drive -- 14 hours, thanks to traffic in Chicago, a backup on the Ohio turnpike and road construction in Pennsylvania. Luckily, I had Katniss and Peeta to keep my brain thoroughly entertained as they competed in a Survivor-like reality show. Instead of getting voted off the island, though, losers are just plain offed.

I thought the ending was a bit abrupt at first, until I realized The Hunger Games is the first in a trilogy. I can deal with that! Catching Fire will be released on Sept. 1. You can bet that when the audio book is ready, I'll be listening.

2 comments:

  1. Love this new blog, Joyce. Your personal voice shines. I can "hear" you talking. And now I have a new RS series to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Susan!
    Thanks for the blog love. :)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete